The theme of my digipack is simple, yet effective. I started of by trying out simple painting techniques such as flicking the paint brush at the paper at different angels and using different colours. I decided to make the paint splatter from the middle of the paper outwards to make it look more interesting and central, compared to the other techniques I tried out that started from the corner. I decided to use a base colour of indigo/purple because its vivid and attracts attention yet is a unisex colour that anyone can be interested in. I started off with purple and then overlayed with blue, then added white flecks to create interest and break up the colour. Because the front cover was a simple style, I only wanted to add the band logo in white in the middle so it would stand out. I think overall the front cover is very effective because it is interesting and eye-catching, yet it gives no clue to the type of song or what the video is going to include.
The middle picture is of the inner leaf, which would be opposite the CD. Instead of including lyrics or song information, I wanted to include a message from the band (a thank you) which is something that is usally included in a CD but is at the back of the booket, so not many people read it. The text also gives more information on the song itself, and the style and intentions of the band. The inner leaf also included a splatter in the bottom left hand corner to create interest and link in with the theme of the CD.
The back cover of the CD includes song information in a simple list of the track listings and extra included freebies and exclusive content. The back cover also includes splatters in three corners to link in with the front cover and the theme of the CD. Compared to the front cover, I included the song name and put it in the top left hand corner. I then used effects from adobe photoshop and added a drop shadow to make the title of the song stand out if people are just looking at the CD. I also included a record label logo that I created called 'Electronic Records', and the logo it just a slanted 'E' inside of a blue box.
Overall I think my Digipack is just lovely.



No comments:
Post a Comment